Wednesday, February 3, 2016

¡Parque Metropolitano!






lunes 1 de febrero.

Tried more new fruits today! The first was claudia, which is more or less a small pale plum. The other was a taxo, in which Martha made me a milkshake with for breakfast.

Today after work I found my way over to Parque Metropolitano using Martha's drawn map and written directions. This all worked out quite well, with the help of the cobra (the person who takes your money on the bus, from the verb cobrar-to charge). The park is incredibly large. I started at the small outdoor cafetería for lunch where I enjoyed a banana, gatorade and bowl of cevichocho consisting of tostado corn, pico de gallo, plantain chips and chocho beans (my new favorite superfood), all for under $3. I spent about two hours wandering through the park. I don't think I even saw half of it. What I did see was beautiful. It was great to escape the city so easily and close by, into a green park filled with smells of flowers, sounds of birds and people playing sports. I even ran into some llamas!

On my walk down to the bus...and by down I do mean down some very steep hills...I found some ice cream to help cool off as I searched for the right street to catch my bus. Eventually, I found the bus and my way back home. I was quite impressed with myself in not getting lost :)


I would love to go back soon and explore more of the park. Martha said maybe we can go with the family and bring food for a picnic!



My feet were so tired and verging on creating new calluses that I needed to lie down for a bit before showering off my sunscreen and sweat covered body.

I had more mote for dinner, but this time with cheese and a little egg. YUMMY. I also had some chicken, salad and fresh limeade courtesy of Martha.

I played with Colúm (I realized I misunderstood the puppy's name) for a while before retiring to my room for homework, blogging and zzzzz.

Saludos,
Zoe

2 comments: