Sunday, January 31, 2016

tranquilo domingo

31 de enero

Today was a very relaxing day, so I won't bore you with too many details.

After breakfast and a shower, I worked on Spanish homework on the terrace for about an hour.
I then decided to take a walk, trying to get to know the neighborhood a little better. I basically made a giant circle in a new direction from my home (new as in the only direction I had not walked yet).

Once home, I had lunch with Martha, Marco, and Pancho's (Adriana's boyfriend) mother. She was there to get help with using the computer to build her resumé with Martha. We had a pea and carrot salad and potatoes prepared by Margarita. [Oh yes Margarita. She lives in a room behind the house and I guess she lived with Marco growing up as well. I believe Martha said she has an intellectual disability, and this, the fact she is missing most teeth, and I am still very subpar at Spanish, I can hardly understand the sweet woman. She has given me many hugs, and helps with laundry and sometimes cooking]...okay back to the meal. Martha had also prepared papaya juice. Pancho's mom brought some wonderful fish filet, which we dressed up with lime ("limón", not to be confused with lemon which is "lima"). For dessert we had some canned peaches.

I talked (a slight overstatement, listened would be more accurate) with Martha and Pancho's mom for a while until I decided to go to my room to work on more homework, blogging, reading and relaxing.

Vivi, Adriana, and both their boyfriends drove to Colombia this morning. They were going to get Andrés' (Vivi's bf) TV fixed. But apparently, many things are cheaper in Colombia including toilet paper, pads, and technology. Once they all arrived back home we all had dinner together. This was fun eating with everyone again, even if I didn't totally follow the conversations. We had pasta, chicken, and a yogurt pea salad. Following this was bread, cheese, coffee and some cookies.

I helped with dishes until Martha kicked me out of the kitchen and told me to relax, she is so sweet.

After writing I am going to read a bit more before I call it a night.

Buenas noches,
Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment